Before the floor is installed, make sure that the general conditions in the building are under control and in accordance with Stauf’s and Dinesen’s instructions.
The air humidity must be between 35 and 65% RH and must not exceed 50% RH in winter. The temperature must be between 18 and 25° C.
The substructure must be straight with a maximum deviation of 2 mm measured across a 2-metre straightedge.
For all substructures, Dinesen’s recommendations about humidity apply.
For cast substructures:
- Moisture content must not exceed 85% RH. NB: 85% RH corresponds to approximately 2.0 CM depending on the type of concrete etc. Be aware of any restrictions in the national standard requirements
- We always recommend using STAUF VPU-155 S primer For anhydrite substructures:
- Moisture content must not exceed 65% RH
- Do not use STAUF VPU-155 S primer. Contact Stauf for further advice
For plywood and chipboard substructures:
- Make sure that the sheet/board and its surface is suitable for the purpose
- Moisture content must not exceed 8-10%. In addition, follow Dinesen's general requirements for humidity and climate, cf. Table 2 in Dinesen's “Before installation” instructions
- Check that the glue bonds correctly to the surface
- Contact Stauf for further advice Other substructures:
- Contact Stauf for further advice
If underfloor heating has been cast into the concrete layer, the underfloor heating must be turned on at an acceptable temperature for at least 30 days before the planks are installed. With underfloor heating, make sure to turn the heat off at least 24 hours before gluing. Do not turn on the heat until 7 days after the floor has been glued. Turn up the heat slowly, following Dinesen’s "Before installation" instructions.
Use STAUF VPU-155 S primer and STAUF PUK 455 glue. Follow Stauf’s and Dinesen’s instructions carefully with regard to:
- Climate conditions
- Grade, evenness and moisture content of the substructure
- Use of tools
- Drying times for filler, primer, mastic etc.
- Mounting and curing times for primer and glue
- Floors with underfloor heating
In addition, always follow Dinesen’s instructions generally.