The impressive building was designed as the headquarters of the Royal Society of Arts by Robert and John Adams in 1774. Successive renovations over the years have eliminated the Georgian beauty, but that loss has now been remedied. Matthew Lloyd’s award-winning restoration meets 21st-century technology and increases the functionality of the building while preserving the grandiose architecture.
The Great Room is now used for lectures and film events and serves as a meeting place for designers and people from the architectural world. A total of 570 m2 GrandOak was used for the floor, and in addition, new beautiful radiator covers, wardrobes and lifts were created using the up to five-metre long oak planks.